is a global educator dedicated to helping teachers bring the world to their students in meaningful ways. She is also a board member of the Global Goals Educator Task Force, #TeachSDGs, a 2107 ADCD Emerging Leader, and the Professional Learning Chair for the ISTE Global Collaboration PLN which allows her to work toward her life’s mission to ensure all children have access to a quality education.
All the world's a stage, and on that stage, stories are born and turn into lives to take people down paths: straight, windy, sometimes covered with overgrowth filled with obstacles. But it is on these paths where we find ourselves and others along the way who lift us up, knock us down or stand silently on the side, watching and waiting.
I have had the great fortune to encounter more of those who spread joy than those who instill fear, but I know I am one of the lucky ones.
As a teacher, I existed in that special condition where I could both inspire but also see the world for what it frequently was. And my students, while safe in my classroom bubble, would one day have to face what's out there.
My work now places me in a different and unique position as an advocate for children and teachers but also with the heavy responsibility of doing what I can to leave the world a better place than I found it on a much larger scale than I ever thought possible.
It is my hope that this collection of stories will help to provide a place for sharing, learning, and above all, joy. The world needs more of it, particularly when it has to do with the people who work tirelessly to teach children.
Education is, in fact, global whether we like it or not. I happen to love it. But it comes with the responsibility to know better, to do better, and learn from each other to provide the best education for ALL students.
I invite you to join me in this space and on this JRNEY to discover the beautiful things happening in the world of education. JRNEY has meant many different things to me, but here, it is an opportunity to see where you have been, look at where you are now, and know that your future can always be reimagined.
- Self Identity and Global Connection
- Hot Topics from the Harvard Think Tank on Global Education http://www.gettingsmart.com/2017/06/harvard-think-tank-on-global-education/
- Creating a New World Through Global Education- ASCD Express http://www.ascd.org/ascd-express/vol12/1209-dowd.aspx
- Skills for Today: Digital Literacy & the Importance of the 4C's- P21 Blog- http://www.p21.org/news-events/p21blog/2172-digital-literacy-a-the-importance-of-the-4-cs-in-a-global-context
- How Future Ready Schools are Implementing Global Collaboration http://www.afterschoolalliance.org/afterschoolSnack/Guest-blog-How-future-ready-schools-are-implementing-global_02-02-2017.cfm